No Sound from Alarm

On my Audi A4 2.4 1999 T reg. there is no audible sound when I operate the Key fob remote control for the alarm system. All doors and windows lock/close OK. When I sit in the car and activate the
alarm system, then trigger the ultrasonic sensor, the indicator lights flash, but there is no sound from the alarm system.
Would appreciate helpful suggestions on; Where are the Alarm Unit and Sounder located? and any suggestions why alarm unit does not make a sound when triggered.
Regards
Henri

Because it's configured not to! Ask your dealer to switch the sounder on, or get hold of a VAG-COM (or similar) and do it yourself. I've set mine to beep when arming. With an ntl address, are you anywhere near Reading? If so, email me - I can do it for you.