Noise in front end, help diagnose please

Hello all:
I have a 1993 Audi 90CS (Automatic Trans). Here is what is happing:
(1) From a stop, pull forward without holding steering wheel, the steering wheel jerks from left to right and then straight.
(2) I can FEEL something shifting around and it makes a Thud kinda noise when I accerate or slow down quickly with breaks.
(3) Turn wheel to make sharp turn (let say going around a round-a- bout), THUD noise.
The THUD noise is not like a transmission shifting gears noise, or a broken engine mount.. It is coming from the wheel wells. Bushing, loose bolt? I replaced the tie rods recently.
Thanks
Erik G.
to the shop and take it slow............

snipped-for-privacy@onlyhd.tv wrote:

Check power steering liquid, perhaps it's gone. Next you'll lose power-steering pomp - and it will be pretty expensive.

Sounds pretty similar to when the bushings were failing on my 90S. Had them replaced, cost ~$200 + one alignment.