Oettinger

Hello, Does anybody use engine tuning devices from Oettinger (www.oettinger.com). I think especially about Oettinger turbocharger for new A4 1.8T (also clutch
reinforced).
Thanks
Jarek
I had my '98 A4 1.8TQ Oett.-chipped at 100,000 Km. I can't help thinking this guys are overpriced, but then again I think they know this engine better than Audi - one has to bear in mind its ancestor was the 16-valve Golf engine and Oett.'s role in its development.
I've never had a reliability issue, but I must say their programming could be better in terms of tilting - for example the stock prog. automatically compensated for slopes when the engine was tilting by readjusting throttle, which is not the case for this chip. Another slightly annoying thing is the constant but very slight pinging at 1,900 rev when not under full load and on a slope.
Overall, however, I would never go back to stock days and with a torque of 295 Nm at 3,400 rev the only criticism is throttle is not linear at all, so it's a bit of the old "all or nothing" story.
As far as I know, if you want to get a turbo from them, I think you'd better get their programming too, plus, you should listen to what they have to say about exhaust and intake mods, so you don't toast the engine through lack of cooling.
My two cents,
JP Roberts

clutch