oil coming from the front hook

I have a 2001 audi A4 1.8 engine, I found some oil stain on my garage floor. It is coming from the front of the engine just behind the license plate. the oil is light brown.
I jacked up the car and looked under but only see oil running across the rubber plate that covers the front frame but can't find out where the source is coming from? Any one have this kind of oil leakage experience? Thanks for any inputs. Hunter

It could be one of many things, front crankshaft seal, front camshaft seal, poss a faulty rocker cover gasket, even a sump plug washer, the front end though is easier to fix than the rear, it could even be excess back pressure in the crank case or a loose oil filter, best to jack the car up, remove the under shield & have a real look to see exactly where its coming from,
Steve.