Oil Consumption A4 2.4

Can anyone please give an indication of what to expect the oil consumption to be after 15K miles??
I have heard somewhere that it can be high!!??
Is 1 litre/1000miles too high??
Thanks for any info.
Martyn

This is 'normal' according to Audi dealers. My 2.8 A4 uses a litre per 2000 miles and I have had this checked and is ok. Yours may reduce as the engine gets older. It is expensive though as the oil is Castrol SLX Longlife 2 which at the dealers costs about 12ukp. I get mine from Ebay and save a fair amount. I wonder if oil consumption reduces with the normal regime as opposed to the longlife changes.
Hope this Helps
Richard

My 2.6 although sold now used no oil between services, and I sold it with 160k miles on, although it was just below the line after 10k miles
Ronny
<< I have heard somewhere that it can be high!!?? >>
It can be higher at the start. The engine is settling in, and that can use a little more oil than normal.
Peter Smith
My 2.4 has 20,000 miles now and is still using approximately a litre every 3000-4000 miles, depending on how I drive it. When new it used a litre every 1000 miles but seems to be settling down a bit now.
Apparently, how you run them in can make a big difference to the oil consumption, as can the oil. Mine came with the synthetic Castrol SLX longlife oil in from new so you have to expect a prolonged bedding in period.
There is much discussion about the subject of oil usage on the www.audiworld.com website forums. I have just come to accept it uses oil now although i'd like to think that one day it will eventually properly bed in!

The 2.4 is renowned for high oil consumption and, according to Audi, 1 litre/1000miles is acceptable.

I can count on using a quart per 10000 miles. I use synthetic.
--
Wayne Crannell
Xxxxxxx, TX