oil in air filter..............

Hi, I have a 1992 audi 80 2.0i and I'm losing oil, not at a great rate but noticable. It is comming from an oil breather pipe that runs from the right hand side of the engine, near the oil filter, under the distributor (on the back of the lump) and down into the air filter housing. Any ideas why this breather is passing oil? There's a unit of some sort that the pipe passes out of near the engine block where the pipe originates, could this be a non-return valve that's not working?? I have a number of haynes manuals but none seem to cover this engine. Any ideas/ help would be gratefully received!

Cheers!

Jon.

Reply to
jon