Oil Pressure Gauge and warning light conflict

I just purchsed a 1994 Audi 100S with 114,000 miles
When I accelerate from a start or when I am at Highway speeds the Oil Pressure warning light flashes with the 3 beep warining sound.
However, the pressure gauge is always reading somewhere between 2 and 4 bars. In fact it seems that the light mostly comes on when the gauge is reading higher.
Any thoughts?
I don't know if this will help but we had a similar problem with our 1989 Audi 100 and we had to have the oil sending unit replaced. It was working fine and there was always the right pressure but it was sending a false code and the warning light and beeper were coming on. Jan