oil temp gauge

hi all can anyone tell me what the oil temp gauge should read once the engine is hot i was in my a6 2.5 tdi v6 motorway driving for 3 hours and it
hardly moved above 60 there as just been new sensor fitted so i reckon this is correct and running ok thanxs to any replies cheers stef
Oil temp on my A4 reads around 100.
It used to read around 60 but that was when the thermostat in the cooling system wasn't working & so the water temp never got much above 60-70 either.
What's your water temp gauge say??
I.

Stef wrote:

What was the outside temp? My A6 2.5 TDIs (150 HP) oil never gets warmer at our current below freezing temperatures.
So I'd say, yes, that's ok.
Regards
W.

my A4 = 65/70

My 98 A4 Avant (not a diesel, though) = oil around 65/70C too, and coolant sits sharp at 90C.
--
Gio

sorry I misread the gauge its in 20C steps so reads 80C and yes water is smack on 90C outside ambient is 10C.
dj 1998 A4 2.4 V6 30valve

*ahh*...same engine as mine :o)
--
Gio