one wiper has poor windshield contact 92 100S

This problem is bothering me. A 92 Audi 100S has poor wiper to windhield contact on drivers side. Passenger side is fine. Tried new blades, blade holder, even added extra springs to wiper arm tension springs, problem persists. Any suggestion? Should I try a new arm (over $50). The original owner kept all svc rcds and there are NUMEROUS complaints to the dealer with no solution other than blade changes (ineffective). The drivers side has an airfoil on the blade holder. I have even tried flipping its position and even tried swapping driver and passenger blade holders, no solution. Logic says the springs must be weak, but they dont feel weaker than the passenger side which works fine. All suggestions gratefully received.

Mark

Reply to
377

The message from "377" contains these words:

Check that the pivot is free to move easily so the arm can hinge.

Reply to
Guy King

I'd get a used unit from a parts house and try that.

Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58