Oozing TT fender goo???

I have noticed other TT's with goo oozing out from the rear fender seams as mine does. Should I be concerned about this?
Thanks

ZiggyPopp schrieb am Sun, 06 Jul 2003 17:13:48 GMT:

If I understand you right, you should not worry. This is the inner sealing wax of "caves" in the chassis of the car. When it gets hot (I mean the weather, not the chassis ;-) this wax can come out. On one of my Golfs I had this even after 10 years. But this is one reason why they do not rust as fast as other cars.
Markus
My goodness mused harold as he gazed into the philosopher's stone. Miss Rawlins will be excited to hear about this. As the owner of a 225 bhp TT living in Northern Ireland, I have no problems with ooze whatsoever. Cannot understand at all. Sorry.
harold potter esq wrote:

Look around at other TT's. You'll see it. Depends on when the car was last washed too. Some TT's tend to ooze only a little.

TT
Cannot
Maybe where you are.. never seen it myself (in three years, at up to 30*C), or on any UK Club cars.. maybe a US-spec thing?
H1K
On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 22:24:52 +0100, "Hairy One Kenobi"

Nope its a universal spec thing, covered in the new universal owners manual (ie with V6 issues too), wax coating can be removed with a scraper (!??!) and its not an issue to worry about!
Could it be that it just not get hot enough in Northern Europe to see the wax....I think so!
ImLoSt
can i suggest a bmw???

Cannot