Outside temp gauge A4 '00

Hi all,

I have a strange problem with a subject. It does not show me an outside temperature anymore. Well, it shows sometimes (couple of times in the week), but this is a nonsens number on it. Like +55 degrees centigrade and starts to drop like 1 degree per minute. Or sometimes -50 and starts to climb up 1 degree in minute. Although we have something like around 0 degrees centigrade outside these days. Mostly it is blind and show nothing on display. It all started after the minor collision with my car to the front-right corner. Took the car to the shop, they fixed it and while drove away i found this gauge blind. They told me that they replaced the clima radiator at the front of my car. I believe that the outside temp sensor is at the front of that radiator? I took it back to the shop, they measured the sensor with ohmmeter and told that measuring was ok. I do not think that they tried different sensor for a replacement. Though they told me that they need to replace a whole dashboard unit. And they are not sure that this helps. I am not interested of paying quite alot of money for fixing a problem that is not sure from failure analyzis. Anyone has similar problems? Or perhaps you can give me a hint how to find it out myself whether the dash is broken or not?

Regards Alkap '00 A4.

Reply to
Alkap