overheating CD player if my A4 runs over an hour or two

I have a 2000 A4 with a factory installed "audi symphony" CD player.
Has anyone had a problem with the fact that after driving a couple of
hours, the CD player overheats and stops working (Error 1) until the car cools down again (usually the next day)? Does this happen on other cars. When I eject the CD after getting the error message it is always really really hot.
Just curious if it was just me or anyone else?