P0301 Cyl.1 Misfire Detected - What can cause this?

P0301 Cyl.1 Misfire Detected - What can cause this?

I VAG-COM'ed my Audi 2.0 Sport and have got the above error.

Any ideas on what can be at fault before taking it to the garage>??

Thanks

Reply to
RickT

I'm no expert, but if that's all you've got you're in pretty good shape. I'd just clear it. If the same code comes up quickly then try switching the spark plug and/or coil with another cylinder and see if that cylinder begins to misfire... If cyl. 1 is still the culprit suspect the fuel injector.

If you're not inclined to work on the car you can at least remove the plastic engine cover and ensure that the coil is pressed down all the way onto the spark plug.

--Art

Reply to
Art M