panel lights starting to go out

1998 A4 Quatro 2.8
First it was the backlight for the clock, then it was the one for the fuel gauge, now the AC panel is flickering. I assume that the gauges problem is
just bulbs. The AC panel seems a bit more complicated.
1. How involved a job is changing the light bulbs on the main panel? Does anyone have instructions handy? 2. If the AC panel goes dark, what's involved in fixing it?
Thanks,
D. Castano

from a previous discussion on this topic I recall they are diodes and very very expensive to sort out.
my 97 A4 is just starting to waver, the centre computer section partially disappears on hot days.
Thanks Juan. Though not too encouraging. Oh well, I'll see how much farther I can go without having to replace the lights.
Cheers,
Diego