perhaps a new Audi owner

Hi everybody, i'm new in this NG and i would like to have an advice before decided between 2 cars. I hope not beeing unpleasant but i hesitate with a new A3 1.6L or 2.0L (petrol engine) and an Alfa 147 1.6L or 2.0L (petrol too) I like the new look of the A3 but find the Alfa more sporty exterior and the dashboard is amazing. In my family, my 2 uncles have a A4 TDI quattro AVANT and a A4 V6 quattro. Other one have a Alfa 156 , the choice is hard for me, i would like to take both the A3 and the Alfa 147 but it's just a dream so any advices ? Thanks all B.D.

Reply to
DesmaisonLCM

You have access to what you need. Drive both the AUDI and the Alfa and compare the features and price. Personally I believe the AUDI would be more reliable.

Reply to
JPB357

Dans l'article , "JPB357" a écrit :

I'm waiting for a test drive for the A3 at my local dealer, i can't compare with my uncles cars as they are not the sames models, more powered TDI and 4x4, and i don't want diesel engine. The 156 is bigger than the 147, difficult to compare too. i would like to have differents opinions on these cars because in my family they all says that their cars are better than the others so it's not objective opinion. BD.

Reply to
DesmaisonLCM

I personally chose between BMW Compact, Alfa 147 and new A3, and ended up to A3 2,0 FSI. I found it looks best, it's better to drive, and, it's not going to get replaced this year/next year, like Compact & Alfa 147.

And at least here, Alfa's have terrible resale value, they lose half of the value when you drive them out. This is mostly because of bad quality Alfa has in their cars, electricity problems and that they're not good winter cars.

Alfa is the cheapest, just buy one that's been used a year and it's 2/3 of the original price. That's what made me thought about it, but the lack of quality is what makes it so cheap and I don't want that.

- Yak

Reply to
Michael Burman

Different from what?

And you think that here you will get an objective opinion? How can a bunch of personal opinions make it objective? Just like with your family, except we don't come to your Xmas dinner. And, beyond any doubt, my car is better than any other, simply coz it's mine.

Reply to
Victor Bazarov

Dans l'article , Michael Burman a écrit :

thanks for your answer, i'm going to test drive an A3 this week-end, not sure for the 147 . I know about the resale value of the Alfas but they are cheaper so the gap is not so big .The most important for me is to have pleasure when driving, the look is important too but i find both A3 and 147 pretty. i need good handling, i do not use motorway but little country roads so i want a feed back car to have fun even at legal speed limits. After test driving both i will decide, and i must look at the interior too. B.D.

Reply to
DesmaisonLCM

Reply to
Paul Norris

In article , DesmaisonLCM writes

I'd definitely make sure you test drive the A3, especially if you're considering the 1.6 as the car is quite heavy and the 1.6 might feel rather lethargic.

Reply to
Toby Groves

In article , DesmaisonLCM writes

Well Audi make the best car interiors, end of story :)

Reply to
Toby Groves