phone installation

anyone got any experience of these ? http://www.dashmount.co.uk/images2/audiconsole.htm
I've just had a phone installed in a new A4 and the installer used a naff
plastic bracket clipped beside the aircon, running the cable up into the dash by the glove box! Looks totally naff and the screen is angled such that youcant see it properly!
He was unwilling to mount the kit on the centre consol using a screw-on mount. (Lease car)
Me thinks I'll just pull the glove box, reroute the cable and use a screw-on mount and be done with it, but the fancy pod thing looks rather neat - thoughts?
Thanks - Mike