PIRELLI P8000 tires

Has anyone put these tires on their cars.

I have an opportunity to buy a set for my '99 A6 Q for a real good price. I know they're great summer tires, but I vaguely remember a friend of mine had a set that was not very safe in the cold/snow. I live in VA, close to Washington DC and we get some snow and cold temp, down to the teens.

Any comments are really appreciated.

Tony

Reply to
Tony

Tony, are you sure they're not P6000? I've never heard of P8000 from Pirelli.

There are actually two versions of the P6000. One is a summer tire, the other is an all-season (P6000 Sport Veloce), although I've never actually seen the all-season variety for myself. Tread pattern looks very similar on both though.

The summer P6000 225/45/17 was the OEM tire on my A4. You definitely don't want to be driving in snow or even in very cold weather on it. I was generally happy with them, but I sold them after only 5K miles when I sold my rims. I have read numerous reports from other A4/Audi drivers saying that they become noisy very fast (within 10K miles or so). Dry handling is good. Wet traction is OK - not as good as my current S-03s.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Yes, P8000 exists - although I have no experience of them.

Doug Ramage

Reply to
Doug Ramage