PIRELLI P8000 tires

Has anyone put these tires on their cars.
I have an opportunity to buy a set for my '99 A6 Q for a real good price. I know they're great summer tires, but I vaguely remember a friend of mine had
a set that was not very safe in the cold/snow. I live in VA, close to Washington DC and we get some snow and cold temp, down to the teens.
Any comments are really appreciated.
Tony

price. I

mine had

Tony, are you sure they're not P6000? I've never heard of P8000 from Pirelli.
There are actually two versions of the P6000. One is a summer tire, the other is an all-season (P6000 Sport Veloce), although I've never actually seen the all-season variety for myself. Tread pattern looks very similar on both though.
The summer P6000 225/45/17 was the OEM tire on my A4. You definitely don't want to be driving in snow or even in very cold weather on it. I was generally happy with them, but I sold them after only 5K miles when I sold my rims. I have read numerous reports from other A4/Audi drivers saying that they become noisy very fast (within 10K miles or so). Dry handling is good. Wet traction is OK - not as good as my current S-03s.
Cheers,
Pete

<snip>
Yes, P8000 exists - although I have no experience of them.
http://www.vipauto.com/pages/tirepages/pirellip8000vizzola.html -- Doug Ramage