Plan to buy a TT. Where to put the radar detector and winter tires

I'm shopping around for an AWD TT roadster. Even though I drive around the speed limit around town (but usually at the top end of the traffic flow on the highway), I expect that the car will be a cop magnet (especially if I find a red TT instead of a silver one). Thus, I will most likely install a radar detector. I would like it to be a discreet install. Does anyone have experience with remote radar installations that they could share?

Since I live in the northeast, the car will get some winter (i.e. snow use). Has anyone tried the TT with/without winter tires? What has been your experience.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Elizabeth Sullivan

Don't know about the radar detector issue either, but if you're buying more tires, you should consider one of those spray protectants that makes them look shiny and wet...

Hope this helps.......LOL

K Bourke

Try

for the radar install

I'm assuming that you are in the US. I always advise getting winter tires on steel wheels. It saves your nice wheels from winter grime and salt, and the traction benefit can keep you out of an accident. Summer tires get hard around 40 degrees F and lose lots of traction even on dry roads. I had to drive my S4 home from the dealership in snow with summer tires on...very unfun. Remember, 4 x 0 = 0. Zero traction is bad...

Elroy

2000 S4
Reply to
elroy