Poll - front suspension problems with A4, A6 & A8s?

Further to the recent Audi (and VW) recall on possible problems with "Front Bearing Arms" (which incidentally only covers one arm out of 4 on each side as I understand it).

Who else has had problems/excess wear on these things & at roughly what Mileage?

I've had to have a lower arm replaced at about 60K on the near side & then both upper arms, a track rod and track rod end replaced on the off side at about 75K

rgds

Iain

Reply to
Iain Miller

I was told I had both front arms replaced under warranty - I mean to say I took the car in for a recall, though I hadn't noticed anything abnormal.

What I don't think normal at all is having to replace front wheel bearings at 130,000 km. I'm saying this because as the car started developing rear wheel bearing syndrome only yesterday - 142,000 km, I am inclined to think this must be a general quality problem.

Anyone else with the same problem? Basically, noise that will go once the bearings are replaced.

JP Roberts

"Iain Miller" escribió en el mensaje news:phA4d.60$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe5-win.ntli.net...

Reply to
JP Roberts

Reply to
David

My passat 1999 got front suspension parts replaced 13 times from 2000 to

2003. And when I trade it back for another passat 2004 there was new noise.

"JP Roberts" a écrit dans le message de news:cja24o$1ie$ snipped-for-privacy@news.ya.com...

Reply to
Hengfrom