Poo11 check engine light on

My 2001 A4 1.8 Audi fail the emission test due to my check engine light is on. The Jiffylube guy stated that it's a "p0011" error. The voltage
signal from camshaft "a" position sensor in bank #1 indicates inadequate performance.
Does any one know how to deal with this kind of check light problem? Can I buy the part and change it on my own. Or is it something I need the mechanic to take the car a part and change it for me? Thanks for any input. Hunter
audidrive wrote:

That sounds like the cam position sensor. You might try to check the electrical connections but most likely it will need to be replaced. If you are not familiar with it a mechanic who is familiar with Audis should do the work. Be sure to check the mechanic's references with other audi owners in your area.