Poor hot starting

I have a 1990 Audi 90 2.2, which starts first time from cold. Once it has been running for about 10 mins it will not start again requiring about 35
seconds cranking before it fires up. It also runs "lumpy" at low revs when driven. Tick over is normal as is accelaration. Any suggestions please (injector cooling fan is okay).
auldyin wrote:

Also suspect the engine temperature sensor.

Does the engine often stall, when it runs in idle rpm? I guess your car has an vacuum leakage in the intake system.
Regards
Martin
Martin Krumpholz wrote:

I have managed to fix a similar problem in a 2001 A4 Avant (8D), but it had to do with a temperature sensor malfunctioning, causing the engine to flood when starting hot. See thread about this, that I started on 20 January.
YMMV since your car is a very different one to mine. /Robert
Had exact problem with my Audi A4 1.8. Was indeed the temperature sensor - thanku,problem now solved...slightly lumpy still tho...hmmm!Cant part a girl from her Audi!!
"Robert" wrote: > Martin Krumpholz wrote: > >> I have a 1990 Audi 90 2.2, which starts first time from > cold. Once it > >> has > >> been running for about 10 mins it will not start again > requiring about 35 > >> seconds cranking before it fires up. It also runs "lumpy" > at low revs > >> when > >> driven. Tick over is normal as is accelaration. Any > suggestions please > >> (injector cooling fan is okay). > > > > Hello > > > > Does the engine often stall, when it runs in idle rpm? > > I guess your car has an vacuum leakage in the intake system. > > > > Regards > > > > Martin > > I have managed to fix a similar problem in a 2001 A4 Avant > (8D), but it > had to do with a temperature sensor malfunctioning, causing > the engine > to flood when starting hot. See thread about this, that I > started on 20 > January. > > YMMV since your car is a very different one to mine. /Robert