Possible to trace why alarm goes off? (1993 Audi 90 CS)

My alarm randomly goes off ( I disconnected the speaker/horn in the trunk) and the lights flash.. any ideas what I can look at to make this stop? Thanks
Erik

I believe there is a battery pack somewhere in the car. My '97 VW Jetta had this problem and it was the battery pack for the alarm. Can't remember where it was located in the car.....
Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA
Dano58 wrote:

If like the alarm in the B5 / B6 series A4 the battery is in the alarm bunit located in the rear left fender. The batteries will deplete and cause the alarm to sound before they are completely gone. You can either wait for them to wear out completely and then it will shut up or some have opened the unit and replaced the batteries. The only other choice is to buy the entire unit new from the dealer for $$$.