Power locks pump

Has anyone had problems with their Power Locks? I have an A4 1.8 Quattro and my dealer tells me that I need to change the pump as it is unserviceable.
New pump with labour is 1300 $ Canadian. I think I am getting ripped off. Any ideas? Donny
Donny, Wow, that's a chunk of cash. Check out VM Autohaus at www.vmautohaus.com to find the price of the part. As far as the location of the pump in the A4 - I'll have to defer to the A4 folks in the group - in my 5ktq it's right beside the battery under the back seat and takes all of about 10 minutes to change. When you've replaced the pump, take the old one apart to see why it failed - the pump in my 5k died years ago and when I took it apart I found a corroded circuit connection - it's still working with the repair I did. Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

Donny,
Also try used part from wrecker. I picked up a used one for cdn$80. Try
www.shokan.com
Tony 96 S6

donnyboy wrote:

In my '87 VW GTi, that pump has been pumping for 17 years without a problem. $1300 is ludicrous, even if it is CAD. I would go harvest one at a junkyard. Take your out first and open the noise insulation so you know what the pump looks like, then check VWs and Audis at the junkyard for an identical pump. My guess is that it will set you back the equivalent of USD 20, and replacing it is not very hard work. I have seen older Mercedses at the junker that use the same pneumatic type door locks as VW / Audi, wouldn't surprise me if they use the same pumps too.
Rather than the pump being the problem you should check the vac lines and electricals. Be sure power is getting to it when it should. If it runs then check if vacuum is created. If yes then there is a problem in the vac lines or actuators.
Randolph wrote:

Tony wrote:

Good point, I once had a hose break where it goes from the body to the hatch. When troubleshooting, keep in mind that the pump will generate vacuum or (positive) pressure depending on whether it is locking or unlocking the doors.
If you need replacement hose, you can get it from http://www.mcmaster.com part number 5239K11

As far as I knoe the pump is identical to the VW pump, it is much easier to find at wreckers, new pumps are cheaper too.
Greetings Aksel
a well-dressed baby. By the time you turn the child?s breast into cutlets, it will be indistinguishable. The taste of young human, although similar to turkey (and chicken) often can be wildly different depending upon what he or she has consumed during its 10 to 14 months of life...
4 well chosen cutlets (from the breasts of 2 healthy neonates) 2 large lemons (fresh lemons always, if possible) Olive oil Green onions Salt pepper cornstarch neonate stock (chicken, or turkey stock is fine) garlic parsley fresh cracked black pepper
Season and saut the cutlets in olive oil till golden brown, remove. Add the garlic and onions and cook down a bit. Add some lemon juice and some zest, then de-glaze with stock. Add a little cornstarch (dissolved in cold water) to the sauce. You are just about there, Pour the sauce over the cutlets, top with parsley, lemon slices and cracked pepper. Serve with spinach salad, macaroni and cheese (homemade) and iced tea...
Spaghetti with Real Italian Meatballs
If you don?t have an expendable bambino on hand, you can use a pound of ground pork instead. The secret to great meatballs, is to use very lean meat.
1 lb. ground flesh; human or pork 3 lb. ground beef 1 cup finely chopped onions 7 - 12 cloves garlic 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs cup milk, 2 eggs Oregano basil salt pepper Italian seasoning, etc. Tomato gravy (see index) Fresh or at least freshly cooked spaghetti or other pasta
Mix the ground meats together in a large bowl, then mix each of the other ingredients. M