Power loss on 2001 S4

This morning was the coldest of the winter so far after a moderate ice storm over the weekend. Driving my 2001 S4 to work I noticed occasional power loss. Keeping a
constant pressure on the gas I would feel occasional slight deceleration. Idle was steady. Maximum power acceleration may have been slightly low but I'm not sure. After parking there was a very faint smell as when oil spilled during an oil change bakes off.
Any guesses what's wrong?
--
John Carr ( snipped-for-privacy@mit.edu)

I'd say give it a bit of time, see what you experience the next couple of days. It could just be a short term extreme weather annoyance. You don't say what temperature range you were in though.
Chris

-13C/8F. Except for a slow start due to a bad battery, the car ran fine in a previous winter when the temperature dropped to -23C/-9F.
Anyway, it ran OK on the way home when the temperature was closer to freezing. The problem might have been ice in a fuel line.
--
John Carr ( snipped-for-privacy@mit.edu)

Remember Audis standard anti-freeze in the coolant only works to around -25C. So maybe you experienced some slight freezing in the coolant. The G12+ can be topped up with water...and if you did that earlier, youre lowering the anti-freezes maximum.
-25C is DAMN cold *brrr*. And with winds too...id choose a fireplace and a biiig whisky anytime ;o)
--
Gio