Power Steering Hoses

Sigh,

It seems that my A4 has developed a leak in the power steering hoses. My car is an A4 1.8T right hand drive manufactured in September 2000. The car is now at 71,000 Kilometers.

Q1: Can these leaks be repaired or do I have to change the hoses?

Q2: If I have to change the hoses can I use a hose from a US spec car in my UK spec auto? My Dealer says that the US and UK hoses are different because are designed to accommodate the right hand and left hand drive steering setups.

Q3: If I can not use the US hose can someone recommend a good online UK parts dealer?

Q4: What is a reasonable price for the hose? I know there are several hoses. My dealer did not specify but I am assuming that it is the - pump to rack - hose as this is the unit that seems to operate at highest pressure.

As Always - Many Thanks To All.

Simon

Reply to
Simon

"Simon" wrote news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

If a joint is leaking it can possibly fixed by replacing the seal between. If the hose is broken it is better to replace it because of the high pressure.

No, there is a difference between LHD and RHD.

I dont know.

look here for the hose, click on the audi part nr and see the price roughly.

170$ for the hose. Al

Reply to
The Al Bundy

Change the hoses :-(