Premature oil pump failure 01 A4 1.8T

A friend just had an oil pump failure on his 01 1.8t at 52K miles. Car has been maintained properly and has not been driven wildly either by him, or his teenage kids. Audi has diagnosed the problem as a failed oil pump and not abuse so it sounds like a defective pump. Has anyone else experienced this, or know of other cases? Given the mileage, Audi is claiming the problem is out of warranty.

Thanks

Henry Boyd

Reply to
Henry Boyd

Never read it before but it really feels like Audi should cover at least 50% of the repair. Shouldn't they cooperate, if it were me I would be terribly disappointed and would never buy one again, but then again I would fight with claws to get it sorted out by the dealer, after all we're supposed to be buying German quality cars, so if they admit the pump was defective and it's just a '01 baby, it's a matter of self-dignity for them.

My two cents,

JP Roberts

"Henry Boyd" escribió en el mensaje news:Xns9485625DA348Flhboydlhbco@130.81.64.196...

Reply to
JP Roberts

Its usually a matter of money I'm afraid and dealers (certainly here in the UK) are not generally renowned for doing much else other than taking lots of it. That said a lot of them seem to be being bought out by VAG at the moment.....

I.

Reply to
Iain Miller