price for Audi

Thinking of putting my 2001 A4 1.8 engine with 93,000 mile to sell at Carmax. I have a chip in the windshield on the passeger's side. Since the rock hit it on the side, it's forming a line that is running up to the
top. Do you think it will be a good idea to get it fix before I bring it to the Carmax or just let them deduct some points? Hunter
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.audi / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html
well if you are "getting rid of it", then see what it is worth with the chip in the glass.
I would hate to pay to have the windshield put it and it leaks, or Carmax assumes that something else could be wrong with it. Let them install the glass at their discount and just let it go.
JMHO dave (One out of many daves)
audidrive wrote:

Do you live in a state where cracked windshields are covered under your comprehensive insurance like it is in Mass, and you pay nothing to get it fixed? If so, get it fixed. Only takes an hour or less, and most glass shops will come to your home or work.
Dave

Not sure about Carmax, but seems to me that most places won't deduct the cost of the new windshield but more - a windshield costs only $350 but I bet they deduct at least $500 for that fault. You'd be better off having it repaired.
Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA