Problem? My Allroad Stalled

I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem. My new (to me) 2004 allroad with 52000 miles just stalled. As I stopped at a stop light I heard a thunk. When the light turned green I realized the car had
stalled. The car wouldn't start back up until I finally removed the key from the ignition in frustration. After I stuck it back in, it turned on no problem.
Any thoughts. Thanks.
On 24 Jul 2006 21:25:56 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Dicey ignition switch? While parked with the engine running, try wiggling the keyswitch to see if you can get it to stall again...
immobilizer on way out.

At low revs, could be a failure in the engine management system.
Thanks for the responses. Replaced to engine control modul relay and everything works great now.