Problem? My Allroad Stalled

I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem. My new (to me) 2004 allroad with 52000 miles just stalled. As I stopped at a stop light I heard a thunk. When the light turned green I realized the car had stalled. The car wouldn't start back up until I finally removed the key from the ignition in frustration. After I stuck it back in, it turned on no problem.

Any thoughts. Thanks.

Reply to
jbalogh

Dicey ignition switch? While parked with the engine running, try wiggling the keyswitch to see if you can get it to stall again...

Reply to
daytripper

Reply to
Regal53

At low revs, could be a failure in the engine management system.

Reply to
Alex

Thanks for the responses. Replaced to engine control modul relay and everything works great now.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
jbalogh