Problem with Audi Concert 2004 A4

The front speakers are not working on my 2004 Audi A4. My local repair shop were not sure if there is an amp powering the front speakers or what. The chances of both front speakers being blown out aren't much. I'd rather not buy a new stereo... any ideas?

Reply to
google

I have an audi concert in my A4 avant, the front speakers were powered directly from the HU but the rears had a seperate AMP/sub arrangement. If it's like mine there's a wiring schematic on the top and one of the connectors has four connections marked FR+, FR-, etc. The rear output was on a seperate connector (mini ISO). If that's the case then it's prob. a fault with the HU.

A replacement aftermarket unit will require an adaptor for the wiring, I've used an audi leads PC9-404 I got of e-bay for about =A318. This adapts the audi connectors so it's work with ISO fittings and RCA outs for the rear speakers. Audio leads also do a PC9-408+410 depending on the speaker setup and new HU you have. Additionally I am awaiting a fascia adaptor FP-05-05 and and active arial adaptor as the ariel is amplified.

see

andthe audio leads website for details, there's a spreadsheet you candownload that gives details of fitting fits and plates. I might be selling my concert HU shortly, if your interested let me know, 4 yrs old full working order, I just wanted to be able to play MP3s and liked my old HU. I'm in the UK BTW.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

do the rear speakers sound weird? maybe is the radio in bose-mode? does it say bose when you turn it on? if so, there's a easy solution.

Reply to
kakosamlegenda

I'd like some info on removing the Bose system from a 2007 A3, if you have that. The HU is nice but the speakers and amp are as cheap as they could be.

Reply to
Kevin McMurtrie