Problems with 1996 A4

I have an A4 that has recently had a problem with the head lights where they won't come on. I think have narrowed it down to the switch on the column. I now have a problem where the car won't start. It turns over fince, but won't start. It was intermitent at first, but it now sits in my garage and won't start at all. I took it to a mech. and he hooked it up to the computer to see what code came up. The codes revealed that there was a cam alignment sensor problem. I had the timing belt and pump changed in February, is that the culprate? I am now facing having it towed 30 miles away for $160 plus what ever it cost for repairs. I am looking for any advice as to what the problem might be.

Reply to
John Young

at a wild guess I would say, the cam alignment sensor, but don't take my word for it,

Eric Shune

i would get someone to check your cambelt alignment marks first, to make sure the belt hasnt slipped.

Reply to
gaz245