Q: What did the A6 say to the Jeep?

A: Ouch.

My parked, 1999 A6 was backed into about a month ago. It goes in for body work next Monday.

A Jeep Liberty backed into the right front hood area. I was 600 miles from home. Some of the damege... The hood was crumpled up a few inches. The grille was pushed in a bit. Headlight pushed in and trim messed up. No fluid leaking.

While the hood latch was still engaged, I wired it shut for the ride home (just in case). On the ride home, I noticed the radiator temperature gauge was not working. Then it was. Then it wasn't. It was intermittant, and now does not work at all. (It always had worked in the past). I noted that to the insurance adjuster, and they noted it on the claim paperwork.

I just want to make sure with the group - pleas confirm... This could be related to the incident...? Yes?

As always, thanks...

...Mike

( BTW, the hood has still not been opened )

Reply to
...Mike

Certainly sounds related. Perhaps the wires to the sending unit got pinched by crumpling sheet metal?

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

Yes it *could* be related, but then again it *could* be unrelated. But I suspect the insurance company will pay for it anyway...

Reply to
PeterD

Had something similar happen to my '01 A6. Had an expert repair and paint match with new Audi components. Cost $2,500. The only problem I ever had with temp was from the sensor that keeps goving me the check engine light until it was replaced. No problem really as long as nothing else went wrong. The lite would cycle itself off after 10 subsequent starts. But a minute after starting on a cold (70 deg) engine the light came back on. Best car I ever owned. Have 120K on it now and it looks and drives new.

Reply to
skykenn