Qu: V8 Hall Sender

In my search for a replacement hall sender for a 96 S6 I found a V8 at a breaker yard. The engine was still in the bay. Where would the hall sender
be on this beast - couldn't see it on my ETKA cd. Could it be in the distributor cap? On a V8 is this part also known a an impulse sender.
Thanks
Tony 96 S6