Quattro Expense

Page 2 of 7
Tha Ghee writes:

Quattro is better than any other awd system out there. I owned a BMW many years ago. Fun to drive, but not on a rainy day and never in the winter. Acura = Honda. Good cars, but not as good as Quattro. The same with Lexus and Infiniti. I was thinking of buying a Lexus, and I will probably replace my wife's Land Cruiser with an Infiniti, but I don't consider them better than Audi Quattro.
What's Max drive? d;o) Dave
http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

4matic??
Thaghee writes:

Yes. And so do the rags. Dave
http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

you know something I don't, share the info. I would think that the BMW would be more liked since it and the MB are the only RWD buy nature.

Is that why Nissan has decided to produce a G35 AWD as well?

No one in this entire thread ever claimed that they are. The point of this thread was to determine whether an A4 quattro was any more costly to maintain than a A4 front-trak.

This has to be the funniest thing I've read in months. What does quattro have to do with the cost of the oil change? The engine is the same, it takes identical amount of oil and an identical oil filter. If someone told you they're more expensive and you believed them, you only have yourself to blame.

Hmm... so when it's time to replace your tires, you buy just one? And wait how long to replace the rest? I usually find myself getting 4 new tires, regardless if it's a FWD, RWD, or AWD. Rotating helps.

You did not show any. Please try again... Actually, don't bother - you're clueless.
Pete
wrote in message news:3ffdd19c$0$12210

Is that why Nissan has decided to produce a G35 AWD as well?

No one in this entire thread ever claimed that they are. The point of this thread was to determine whether an A4 quattro was any more costly to maintain than a A4 front-trak.

This has to be the funniest thing I've read in months. What does quattro have to do with the cost of the oil change? The engine is the same, it takes identical amount of oil and an identical oil filter. If someone told you they're more expensive and you believed them, you only have yourself to blame.

Hmm... so when it's time to replace your tires, you buy just one? And wait how long to replace the rest? I usually find myself getting 4 new tires, regardless if it's a FWD, RWD, or AWD. Rotating helps.

You did not show any. Please try again... Actually, don't bother - you're clueless.
Pete
it use electronics not an AWD system, if you had comprehension skills you would see that. local oil change places charge more for 4x4 vehicles wither it's AWD or 4x4 so that's not what I was told but was on a marquee. no I replace them in pairs that's what most people do, I'm glad you get all 4 do want a coke?? I did if you look at other post but it seems you comprehension is low so it's understandable. and I would be hurt, but you've shown me nothing to feel you calling me clueless would matter more than spam in my inbox.

Yes, the FWD G35 uses electronics. But what I have been trying to tell you is that there is also an AWD version of G35 available now. Why would Nissan release an AWD version if the electronics alone could take care of everything in the FWD version? Get it?
Electronics and AWD can work together (Audis have all the electronics, too, BTW), but one cannot replace the other. Electronics can apply brakes or remove power from individual wheels. Electronics cannot send power to the rear wheels in a FWD car. Or did the people at the oil change place also tell you that it's possible?

You definitely go to all the wrong oil change places. As I (and others) explained earlier, there is no basis for this.

Most people are smart enough to rotate their tires every several thousand miles so that all their tires wear evenly and last longer. And if they all wear evenly, there's no need to replace only 2 at a time. I'm sorry you haven't been able to grasp this concept, but there's never too late. ;-)
I'm glad you get all 4 do

ROTFL!!! Please refrain from giving wrong advice to others. You're entitled to have your own opinion, but please don't spread it - why should others suffer because of your lack of knowledge?
Pete

Sorry, I meant to say RWD G35. ;-)
Cheers,
Pete
wrote in message news:3ffe2533$0$21987

[...]

Pete you do realize the G35 is RWD, so take you own advise and stop posting you'll do us all a favor, of not lowing the groups IQ

You have a case of selective vision. You ignore what's important and you focus on what's not. FYI - I corrected myself right after I saw my typo. Besides, for the purpose of this discussion, it did not matter whether it was RWD or FWD. It only mattered that Nissan also decided to make an AWD version in addition.
Sigh... arguing with you is becoming tiring. Hopefully by now everyone else realized that you don't have a single valid point in this discussion, so this is EOT from my end.
Pete
wrote in message news:4003bdac$0$77804

You have a case of selective vision. You ignore what's important and you focus on what's not. FYI - I corrected myself right after I saw my typo. Besides, for the purpose of this discussion, it did not matter whether it was RWD or FWD. It only mattered that Nissan also decided to make an AWD version in addition.
Sigh... arguing with you is becoming tiring. Hopefully by now everyone else realized that you don't have a single valid point in this discussion, so this is EOT from my end.
Pete
if you knew anything about cars is that the G35 uses electronics in it's AWD, but since you didn't know which wheels drive it, this would be lose on you. I have made many valid points but since you don't realize that I'm sorry your slow, I know others do.

No; *you* do us that favor, you marginally literate ignoramus. It is not Pete, but *you* who has lowered the standard here. While I try very hard to refrain from criticizing one whose native language may not be English, you have yet to make a single post with even *one* proper sentence in correctly spelled English words. On top of that, you don't seem to have a *clue* what you're writing about. I'm beginning to find it annoying. -- C.R. Krieger (Been there; drove that)

talk to those who no something.
What I think is funny it that persons that can't provide credible info or thoughts have to go to the 7th grade level and talk about grammar, spelling, etc. when there's leaves a lot to be desired. I have auto spell check so that's not a concern. Just come with some info or like others be made a fool.

if the Quatt. system goes out it's very expensive to fix more than a FWD/RWD car so that is a BIG extra expense. There is traction control that's similar to AWD, never said that the tires have premature wear rotate them and there will be no problem, just pointing out that all 4 have to be replaced that's a large expense
Tha Ghee writes:

(?) I don't know where you live, but you are either misinformed and/or stupid. Oil changes here in New England cost the same, regardless what kind of a car. The Quattro drive has absolutely nothing to do with an oil change.

Apparently you haven't been reading this thread, or if you have, you have a reading impairment. Everyone has given testimony that Quattro never fails. It is bullet proof. I rallied two different Quattros over some miserable roads at speeds that would scare the hell out of you, with never a Quattro failure. In fact, I have never even *heard* of Quattro failing.
There is traction control that's

I'll tell ya what, Bunky. You get in your track-sheon control car, and I'll get in a beat to crap Audi Quattro, an old 130 bhp wheezer, and we'll race on some ice - using the same kind of tires. At the end of the day, you'll believe in Quattro.
never said that the tires have premature wear rotate them

Rotate your tires with your front driver. Quattro drivers do too. However, the skins on your front tires are going to wear a helluva lot faster than the tires on a Quattro. While it is true that the rear tires of a fwd receive less wear, the fronts receive twice the wear of a Q. You'll end up buying four tires for you fwd about the same time I'll buy four for my Qs.
Dave
http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

people giving testimonies mean it's bulletproof I doubt that, it's a manuf. piece it will fall apart. I'll get my friends Max and will see who wins. doubt the last part but you know all....
Tha Ghee writes:

Then I'd move the hell away from Ohio. I *know* they don't cost any more anywhere else. Not in New England, PA, NC, GA, et al. Number one thing to remember, twit, is that Quattro is NOT a 4 x 4. It is an awd, big difference. You are easily led down the wrong paths, I'm afraid. Have you ever considered buying a bridge. I have a wonderful one for you if you want to buy it.
ok so 20

Sure it will fal apart. At some point it will need maintenance. But not for 150,000 miles or so, if even then. Read my lips, twit: I have never heard of Quattro failing, NEVER, and I've been driving them since 1985.
I'll get my friends Max and will see who wins.
Wins what? Ice racing? Come on up. The ice is thick. How about $10 for ever 1/10 of a second? Sound good? I take it Max is the fool that filled your pea brain with all this sillyness about how bad Quattro is?

Well, it's obvious I know a helluva lot more than you. Perhaps you too can educate yourself. Hint: get rid of Max.
Toodles.
Dave
http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html
On 09 Jan 2004 13:06:25 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comPirate (Dave LaCourse) wrote:

Hey Dave, despite being right, take a deep breath and take it easy pal. Don't get fooled into a shouting contest. In the end both parties look foolish, remember? ;-)
Regards
Wolfgang Gru
Wolfgang
--
+++ PIP #9 +++
Mille, mattschwarz/rot '02, Das Virus
Wolfgang P. writes:

Ahh, come on, Wolf. I be havin' some fun and you're trying to spoil it. <SEG>
Dave
http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html
On 09 Jan 2004 14:21:04 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comPirate (Dave LaCourse) wrote:

Oh, sorry, err.. well, feel free to go ahead then :-))

Regards
Wolfgang