Quattro Expense

I sorry your ashamed to be yourself, wow did you spend all day thinking and typing this if so it's sad

Reply to
Tha Ghee

if you knew anything about cars you know that if you have a full time AWD the tires can't deviate more than 1/4". yes autocrossers also use this but so do a lot of AWD cars, but you should know that.

Reply to
Tha Ghee

where here in S-OH there are 2 VW and 2 Audi/Porsche. and 6 Toyota dealerships

Reply to
Tha Ghee

And that means exactly what to me?

Parochial attitude you have there.

H1K

Reply to
Hairy One Kenobi

Wow! Should we be in awe of you? It's a shame that your arguments, punctuation and grammar, seem like those of a ten year old.

Reply to
Peter Bell

Maybe one of those ones that someone keeps emailing me about..? ;o)

H1K

Reply to
Hairy One Kenobi

You have *got* to be kidding me! This was *not* a university in an English-speaking nation, was it?

-- C.R. Krieger B.A. KSU 1977; J.D. Akron '82

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Ummm; sure. Whatever you say.

Gee; you'd think that in over 10 years of teaching driving schools for the BMW and Audi QUATTRO clubs, I'd have run into (or even heard of) *somebody* who shaved his tires to size ... but I haven't.

BTW, want to tell us all you know about AWD differentials? Start with how many Audi Quattro differentials *you've* ever seen *fail* (as I seem to recall that was the original topic here). Of those, how many failed because the tire diameters diverged by more than your 1/4" benchmark? When you determine that number, divide any whole number by it and tell us what message you see on your computer screen.

(Hint: "Divide overflow")

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; couldn't break that)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

The bait has passed stinky - now it is just plain rotten.

Troll-o-meter reading: 2.3/10.

-- Jonesy

Reply to
Jonesy

'bellfamily')

this is funny coming from you I don't think you'll win any writing contest.

Reply to
Tha Ghee

just point out the same useless information you gave to me.

Reply to
Tha Ghee

I live in Ohio, and have never, ever been charged more for an oil change because of quattro. I dunno what this guy is doing to get charged more...maybe he is behaving like this...

Elroy

2000 S4

Reply to
elroy

Please, for the love of Pete, don't try to speak for the entire state. I'd much rather have Dave here than you.

Elroy

2000 S4
Reply to
elroy

I wouldn't expect to - my degree is in engineering. However, perhaps you would like to give me the benefit of your great expertise in the English language and point out where I could have made improvements in what I wrote above.

However, perhaps you might wish to remove the plank from your eye before helping me with the speck in mine, by correcting your contribution!

Hint: Unless you are from the e e cummins school, it is usual practice to begin a sentence with a capital letter. Also, your 'sentence' would be easier to read if there was some form of punctuation betweeen the words 'you' and 'I'.

Reply to
Peter Bell

Here, in the UK, there were instances of differential failure in AWD Volvos, IIRC. The failure was, officially at least, blamed on different tyre sizes, due to not changing all 4 tyres at the same time, AFAIK.

Different set-up?

Anybody able to confirm? Or is my memory failing even more? :)

-- Doug Ramage

Reply to
Doug Ramage

Having seen an AWD Volvo reverse on gravel, on full lock, with the inside rear wheel continually spinning and throwing up a barrage of stones, I have to believe that the technology is very different to the current quattro system.

Neither of my quattro-equipped cars have behaved like that Volvo.

Reply to
Peter Bell

AFAIK, yes - the problem first turned-up on the FWD "smoke, smoke, and more smoke from the front" hot estates and was a definite recommendation for the T5 (a friend of mine had one)

Subject to failing memory, I think they stated a maximum difference of only

1.5mm - particularly unrealistic in Basingstoke (UK joke - to the casual visitor, the town appears to consist of roundabouts connected by not a great deal else). With four tyres only lasting three months, he elected to swap the car..

AFAIK, Volvo now use Haldex, just like Audi.

H1K

Reply to
Hairy One Kenobi

lol

I still think you folks are giving this nitwit WAY more time than he was ever worth...

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd (don't feed the trolls - or the nitwits ;-)

Reply to
daytripper

Who knows, he might learn something.. oh, hang on, there was that University comment.

We could always take the Darwinian POV - grit our collective teeth and hope he doesn't spawn/breed ;o)

H1K

Reply to
Hairy One Kenobi

actually yes just to the south of you. UC

Reply to
Tha Ghee