Quattro Fuel tanks

Page 2 of 2
wrote:

Yes, completely.

fatmobiles hauling single persons around at 9 MPG. -- Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@" Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.

Raisign the price won't stop as many people driving as you think. What will reduce consumption is increase efficiency, alternative fuels and hybrid technology. There are other things too but you get my drift :)

Yeah. And bring back the railways, get those bloody lorries off the roads!

Actually, fixing the public transport systems would do a LOT more to reduce fuel consumption in the US. There maybe, *maybe* two or three cities in the whole of the US which have a public transport system that rivals London's.
When I lived in LA, it took me 3 hours to get almost anywhere in the city / suburbs by public transport. It's almost non-existant in Atlanta. Even in the bay area it's sketchy at best - buses and trains run, but they don't have great coverage. San Francisco is somewhat OK but it's not really a huge city.

The most I ever put in was 15.6 gallons in my 98.5 A4 2.8Q, and I really didn't intend to go that long, I just couldn't get to a gas station sooner.
On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 17:01:29 +0100, Ronny wrote:

I drive a '02 3.0 quattro 4 door. My system beeps at 30 miles left to go and on my last long trip I was getting 28-29MPG at 70MPH. I don't think you are getting 40+MPG unless you are running a TDI. I can only imagine that your math is off unless that 60Mile and 40MPG are metric.
I have always wondered how far I could travel after the beep but have not put it to the test.
--

Regards
Robert

I actually get more than 40mpg, on a run I get in excess of 45mpg.
The car holds 58 litres of fuel ( roughly) when filled to the brim the trip computer always shows 500 miles +
After the beep which on mine can be anything from 90 miles to 40miles, I now know I have tons of fuel left. I still didn't run out but lost my bottle when the needle went below red line and I could see space between the needle and the bottom of the red.
The amount of fuel held, between the beep/empty reading and almost zero is around 14.00 (in UK money) of fuel.
Don't under estimate the 1.8T on fuel, if you drive at 70mph on the motorway without using the turbo, it's a normal 1.8 car, but if you floor it round town it is thirstier by far than your 3.0 :)
So to sum up, you can run B6 Audi's down to pretty low fuel levels, there is however one down side to this, Robert what is the most (cost) fuel you have put in your 3.0? I can it's say about 50 maybe 53 if your paying roughly 94 pence per litre (and filling up when you hear the beep), If you are paying this much guess how much it cost me to fill up after my little test.........67

Then you were probably pretty much on the limit of about to conk out, the B6 Quattro has got a 66 litre fuel tank [1], the same as my old B4 80, 67 means you manged to squeeze in over 70 litres of fuel (necking it) and I thought I was cutting it fine when I chucked in 56 worth the other morning (near as damned it to 60 litres at local prices)
[1] source <http://www.carsales.com.au/car_sales/new_audi_20040602_17_11_52.htm
--
Jon B
Above email address IS valid.

1 UK gallon = 1.2 US gallon, so 40 mpg UK is about 33 mpg US.
Pete