question on 6-sp manual

Page 2 of 2
Victor Bazarov wrote:

Perhaps this information could be gleaned from manufacturing/sales figures? I.e. how many RHD vs. LHD cars in the world?
-- Mike Smith
Peter Bell wrote:

But I don't think it's *much* more than 50%; i.e. right-hand-drive is not exactly rare.
-- Mike Smith
French tanks are similar, oh no sorry, they go
F R1 R3 R5 R2 R4 R6
clanger

digital snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Digital Puer) wrote in message

I have the A4 6 speed and it is not an issue. I have to push the shifter down first to engage R.
Howard
Digital Puer wrote:

Not particularly. I've even seen that configuration on 5-speeds before.
-- Mike Smith
This new A4 1.8t six speed from Audi is the nicest shifter I have ever driven. It is buttery smooth and effortless in it's operation. Hitting reverse by mistake is very unlikely as the pressure required to push down on the shifter to achieve reverse is not part of the natural motion in shifting gears one through six. In other words, it is a dedicated pre-meditaded execution to select reverse.