Question on A4 (1995) door hinges

Hi,
My front door was hanging slightly lower than it should and I noticed that the bolts on the door hinges were loose. I tighteded the 2 botls on the lower hinge and then decided to readjust the top hinge.
I thought truning the bolt anti-clockwise will just losen the bolt-hinge but instead it slid the hinge to the left. Now when the door is closed, the front is recessed deeper in than the front wing. Tried turning the bolt back again but it will not budge. Started to ware the TX-Star shaped bolt so did not continue.
Anybody know what needs to be done? Thanks
not done it on an audi, but from past experience truing a door isn't a quick job, trial and error mostly.
-Gan