Radiator fan does not after-run

Howdy, howdy.

Lately my '96 A6 wagon has been boiling over after shutting off the engine. I checked the voltage to the thermo-switch on the radiator and found that there is no voltage when the key is off.

Interestingly, the schematic on the inside lid of the relay box in the engine compartment shows a relay called after-run, but there is no relay or even a socket in this location. I'm guessing the schematic is wrong, as in the application changed for my model & year.

Anyway, does anyone know how I can get this working?

Thanks! Jon

Reply to
Jon

I believe the "afterrun" is for a circulating coolant pump for the (non-existant, in your case?) turbo unit(s)...

Reply to
daytripper