Radio code question

I have a 1998 A4 Avant with 'concert' sound system. If I remove and change the car battery will I need to re-enter the radio code?

tia.

Reply to
Grooove

Yes.

Pete

Reply to
Pete

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 05:18:35 -0500, against all advice, something compelled Grooove , to say:

Probably.

I've seen a backup system that goes into the cigarette lighter and keeps things in order while the main battery is out.

Reply to
Steve Daniels

AND I would recommend getting that radio code just in case you need it. Then keep a copy of it with your title! Radio Serial # and VIN should be needed and if you are lucky a nice Audi tech/service manager can get you the code. ;-) You will have to pull the radio to get its serial # but you should save on paying the labor for Audi to pull it. JMHO later, (One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1