Re: 02' A4 1.8T 20K miles with LOUD drivetrain MOAN on L / R turns and parking lots. Sounds like a truck any ideas ?

Phil, Are you speaking of 'moaning' sounds when steering at nearly full lock? I hear that on my A4 too...from what I've read, it's normal on hard, slow turns. You may try a search here for more info:
http://forums.audiworld.com/a4gen2 /
I get it both on low speed FULL lock turns but also normal turns. Feels like something is "binding" until the car straightens out of the turn. I know the PS noise. This is truly like a HEAVY truck. The whole passenger compartment vibrates. My passengers always say "WHAT IS THAT NOISE ?" Someone on Audiworld had this last year and I'm trying to see if they resolved theirs. I have driving 2001, 2002, 2003 A4 models and NONE had these noises. Thanks !
Kurt Story wrote:

Have you fitted thicker tyres recently?
--
Kind Regards