Re: 1988 Audi 90 engine/fuel problem.

Could be number of things but the first that occur to me are:
- Replace fuel filter - Replace air filter - Not sure if the 90 5 cyl has ISV like mine but if it does,
take apart and clean with brake cleaner. Also check the idle switch on the throttle body to be sure that it is telling the ISV to operate. - Really sounds like leaky injectors.
Tony '91 100Q 5spd
Kevin wrote:

check idle stab. control. when my car had a similar problem , unplugging it worked temporarly, however engine runs at 1200 + rpm.
spark plugs, and compression good. ? check fuel distro plate movement ?
Don't know the exacts of your car, but if its a similar 5 cyl as I have, those are some places to start, hopefully someone can help you more than I .
- Jonathan

Already did the idle stab control.. that is the big roung thing with 2 outlets on the front of the engine in front of the intake correct? I replaced it as the engine had been racing up the 2000 rpm and then dropping back to 1000.. bouncing up and down.. so i changed the idle stabalizer... Today it began running at about 1100-1200 rpm... yesterday 500, today 1000... I am going to check the fuel and air filters this weekend.. and i will check the timing again. What would i specifically want to chk on the plate movement? just make sure it's not stuck i suppose. will do, thanks again!
Kevin

What exactly is the ISV ? I am sure i know what it is, but am not particularly familiar with that term. I wil check it though!
Kevin