Re: 1999 Audi A4 at hgih speeds

wondering

too.

What sort of mileage? I had a similar problem on my 90q which was solved by a change of dampers. I found that OEM dampers were decreasingly ineffective after about 30,000 -40,000 miles, so I used to change them every 2-3 years. Because you tend to adjust to this, it often does not show up until you drive another vehicle.
--
Doug Ramage

wondering
too.
The most likely culprits would be:
- alignment - worn out suspension parts - unevenly worn out tires (as a result of bad alignment)
Actually, I'm right in the 33,000 miles range on it. What are OEM dampers? Do you know if they might be covered under the Audi Assured plan i.e. are they wear and tear items or would this be a defective part? Thanks, Ali

just
by
ineffective
years.
Ali Yasin wrote:

Hi all,
I notice my Audi A6 Quattro starts to shake mildly at around 65 mph. I may associate it when I hit a pothole last Winter, which damaged the wheel (right front.) Since then, I've been driving with the spare, which is an identical extra wheel with the tire.
Could it be that since the wheel was not balanced, this may be the culprit? Or do you think more serious damage has occurred.
Brought it to the dealer, who told me he took it out for a spin, and didn't notice it. When I road it again, the shaking started exactly at 65 mph. Didn't want to waste my time with the guy at the dealer, so my plan is to take it to a tire center, have all four wheels rotated and balanced. If it continues, then I don't know if I just go to another dealer, who is willing to take me seriously.
And suggestions?
TIA,
Richard

That is simply wheel balance costs less than $5 to fix in UK , by a local tyre dealer
OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer.
I cannot remember which company in my case (it may come to me later), but it was not a top name like Koni or Bilstein.
Being in the UK, I cannot answer for the Audi Assured plan. If it was defective, you might get some/all re-imbursement. However, 4 years and 33k miles is more likely to be wear & tear. -- Doug Ramage

would