Re: 2001 A4 2.8Q Bottom Engine shield.

I keep having problem with the Engine Shield since with oil changes - mechanic "forgot" top properly replace or redo all the screws. Have to
replace them...costly!! Last two oil changes...the shield partly came away after driving for 2-3 weeks. Now need to replace with another one as it is severely damaged from the dangled position for the past 10 days on the road! Costly @ 250$ plus screws $5 each! Thinking of leaving it off completely. What to do? Any advice? 98 A6 Quattro.
--
Len

there are thousands of cars rumbling the roads that do not have lower covers...........
its there to keep out water and sh1t off the road and maybe the odd bolt jumping up into the belts..........fitting belts and all those other bits could be way more expensive than that cover.
would I replace.............yes I think so.
dj 1998 A4 2.4 V6 30v

I am running without mine on it right now. Mine is even in good enough shape to reinstall. <g> I will reinstall mine one day! lol
There might be a metal one out there that should be much stronger than the original plastic one, and not that expensive too.
But here is a plastic one for $98 http://tinyurl.com/4sgzgz or the larger link http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/pagebuild_v2.cgi?searchstring lly+pan&searchqt=byvehicle&make=Audi&model+A4&submodel=Quattro&engine=V6+12v
--
later,
dave

I guess it is for AUDI as for most cars with this shield below engine, it is weak, doesnt protect from anything, not even dust. Its only function is to reduce wind turbulence which causes noise inside the car.
/Alf

Its function is to force a certain air flow pattern to help reduce engine temps.
Pete