Re.

Perhaps I didn't explain the problem well. The car I drove felt as if the first inches or so of suspension movement just wasn't 'controlled' It felt
'loose', 'unconnected'. If I was told that there were some suspension bushes loose or missing or bolts were missing, I could understand the strange feeling. There were no clonks and bangs which might confirm either problem. Though the car had the 'funny' DSG gearbox the sales man said the car was an entry level, "S". So it looks as if I was unlucky and should avoid the dealer for not sorting the car before using it as their demonstrator. Thanks Dave