re: '90 Turbo 200: HOW2 tell if CV joint needs replacing ? [Thanks to ALL !]

Being inexperienced, I am now confused as to which way to go, i.e.......
If I have to remove the axle/CV joint at all, it seems to me to just simply replace w/original type boots.
Else, it seems the stretchy boots are the labor easy way to go.
I'm in the U.S. so I assume importing the stetchies will be expensive, so.... since I can replace both R&L half shaft assemblies for a total of $125, what do you think I should do ?
There was no noticeable driving disturbance with the existing CV joints. It's only that I noticed the front left inner boot and the front right outer boots were ruptured.
The car has over 1/3 million miles on it and still runs great and I want to keep it, but need to learn how to fix things :-)
Suggestions for how to remove/reinstall the CV joints would be appreciated, too.
Thanks to all, again, for their generosity,
Courtney

I'm sure such things exist in the US too.
--
Skipweasel.
Ivor Cutler - "Never knowingly understood."