Re: '90 V8 Quattro heater fan mostly not working

I also have a 90 V8 quattro. The fan works but the heat control is unregulated. It's trying to find the median range but it either cycles too cold and then too
hot. I believe it may be the sensor by fan in the dash that draws in cabin air past the sensor. I replced the instrument cluster bulbs and had to remove the dash. I believe I may have disturbed the sensor that controls the regulation of the electronic module. Anyone have other ideas?
--
Audi3.6
The type 44 series has a more common failure that can cause this. The vacuum lines that control the heater flaps may be broken or the vacuum motors that actuate the flaps may be failing. These are located under the dash on the center heater vent box. It could also be due to the heater control module that is located under the dash on the passengers side an can be reached by removing the glove box. It has vacuum lines and a cable running to it. The cable operates the heater flap in front of the fire wall just in back of the blower fan.