Re: A4 Temprature Gauge Sender

Hi Guys,
I'm trying to diagnose a problem on an Audi A6 1995 2.6... I hope one of you can help!
Put simply, the water (and then engine) overheats if the A/C
compressor is NOT switched on.... I replaced the water tempurature gauge... but it has made no difference!
The radiator fan just doesn't come on unless the AC is on...
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Sam.
Most likely you need to replace the thermoswitch located on the radiator. that switch tells the fan when to run based upon the water temperature in the radiator.
The reason the fan is running when the AC is on is because that is the normal mode for the AC operation.
If the fan runs with AC then the thermoswitch is most likely the cause but it could also be due to a bad relay / relays as well.
Tony 98.5 1.8TQ