Re: Advise on buying an S4!

I believe it is normal for the turbo bearings to weep a small amount of oil so you will always find a little oil in the intake tract. Especially in the crossover to inter cooler rubber hose where it collects and eventually damages the rubber leading to hose failure...

There is an oil supply directly to the turbo center bearing and a large oil return line back to the sump. There are also water supply and return lines to the center bearing because it is water cooled...

If the oil was UPSTREAM of the turbo, then it might be from the K&N -- it certainly would have nothing to do with the turbo. If the oil was downstream of the turbo, I don't think the K&N would have anything to do with it...

Check out the urS4 tech pages at www.urs4.com for some background and http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/ for more troubleshooting info.
Regards,
Russ -- Russ Panneton snipped-for-privacy@s-cars.org Nederland, CO "Too bad ignorance isn't painful"
Thanks a great deal Russ,......The links are very informative
TheRogue,