Re: Audi RS-4

> Of course, I've seen a few annoying rebadged S4s driving around. Why

>> do people think that is cool? The only people who are going to notice >> the RS4 badging are also going to know that it isn't really an RS4!! >> Ugh!! Who are they trying to impress? >> >> Elroy >> 2000 S4 > >Hi Audi Fans, >Does this mean that my modified S4 with 350+ hp can't add any more RS4 >parts to it without someone talking down their nose that it's just a S4 >trying to look like a RS4 ? The last I looked the USA was still a free >country where if someone wants to mod a S4 into a close resemblance of >a RS4 they could express themselves that way if they so desired. >I've seen many Audi tuning shops selling any number of very expensive >RS4 or aftermarket parts for S4 owners to spend their hard earned money >on to make their S4's look and go as fast as an RS4. So why shouldn't >they be able to badge, debadge or rebadge their cars any way they chose? >Just my two cents, >Kevin

Nobody is saying you can't stick an RS4 badge on your S4. You're free to do so, just as *they* are free to point and snicker...

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

Hey, Tripper. My RS6 arrives in October. Wanna make another trip to Orvis in Manchester? d;o)

Have you been up to the river lately? Dave

Dave LaCourse

That was sold, or at least it had a "sold" sign on the front window when I was there. The new S4s are coming in slowly. I orginally went to look at the A8L. That is one big mutha. I doubt it would fit in my garage with the extra winter tires/wheels I no doubt would buy. Dave

Dave LaCourse

No signs on it when I saw it last week. I thought it was strange to see one still in its shipping state. Guess they don't do RS6 test drives, eh?

That A8L is one gorgeous automobile, technically and artistically. It ought to do well, especially against the BMW 7, which was clearly Bangled to death...

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

There also those who believe that the RS4 is over priced and that the mods Audi engineered are over kill for street antics. They maintain that looks are everything as long as the car sounds good inside and out you have effectively the same value.

Hmmm

C.

Reply to
ccohen5

I suppose those would be the same people who think that strapping a coffee can to the exhaust of a Honda Civic CX will add 30 hp. Whether you use a German or Japanese accent, it's still rice.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith