Re: Audi TT 2008 unstoppable brakes squealing

What was done each time to eliminate/reduce the squealing?

Did they replace the brake pads and the brake rotors? Did they add some anti-squeal compound to the pads?

Something is causing the brakes to vibrate and squeal.

hi, > > I have had my Audi TT for a bit more than a year now and since the very > beginning (the few thousand kilometers) it started doing this > [tremendously annoying] loud squealing while braking right before > stopping. Each time I bring it to the garage they fix it but a few days > later the thing comes back again. Sometimes it gets better by driving > backwards and braking harshly but I can not be permanently doing that > maneuver everywhere ... it wastes the tires and is dangerous too. > > Has anyone had this problem? know how to solve it? The official Audi > dealer where I bought this car does not seem very eager to resolve the > problem once and for all ... maybe they can't but then shall I ask for a > revision of the price/indemnification? would this be a factory defect? I > have not noticed around any other audi either TT or other models having > this problem. > > TIA, > regards, > Giovanni >
Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1